Ohishi 8 Years Old  Ex Sherry Cask Whisky

Ohishi 8 Years Old Ex Sherry Cask Whisky

SKU: 14174
Size: 750ml
Regular price
Sale price
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price

Ohishi has been a family business for five generations, primarily known for its sake & shochu production.  Ohishi Whisky is distilled entirely from rice and aged in Sherry Casks.  In order to ensure the quality of the spirit, the Master Distiller utilizes 30% estate grown grain for distillation, with the remaining 70% of rice  coming from the surrounding Kumamoto prefecture.

Ohishi has been maturing distillate in sherry casks for over 40 years, they have a long-standing relationship with cooperage's from which they source the best casks. The result is a whiskey that takes on flavors of dark, dried fruits with notes of cinnamon and tobacco.

Browse for more products in the same category as this item: